This community group is for Employed professionals who currently run a side business and those who plan to transition from paid employment to become full-time entrepreneurs. Our objective is to develop ourselves to become better equipped to start, effectively manage and scale up our own businesses to become successful, sustainable and profitable. We achieve this through peer to peer engagement, mentoring, networking, knowledge transfer and facilitation sessions from experienced experts in key fields and those who have successfully walked the path from a 9to5 to running their own successful Businesses. If you desire to make your own mark and impact in the world as an Entrepreneur, then this is the group for you. We look forward to having you join our community.
Sebastine Odimma, is currently the Head of Tax Controversy, MAERSK Transport and Logistics in Africa
• Sebastine is a Fellow of Institute of Chartered Accountants and Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria. He has championed development of financial and tax literacy programme for small and medium businesses in Nigeria. In this role he provides pro bono assistance to SMEs on finance and tax issues.
• In his current role he is responsible for tax dispute and resolution for Maersk companies within the Africa region. This extends to South, East, West and North Africa.
• The position makes him a trusted business partner to the business on product development and business transformation. He feeds through issues picked up during dispute resolution with tax authorities to ensure new products are tax compliant. His input is also valuable for the group’s mergers and acquisition activities.
• Before assuming responsibility for Tax Controversy in Africa, he was responsible for tax coordination and development of tax compliance framework for Maersk companies in West and central Africa. This involved tax strategy development, supervision of tax compliance, optimisation and transfer pricing risk assessment of related party transactions.
• Until Joining the Maersk Group, he spent more than 9 years in KPMG Professional services in Kenya, Nigeria and Sierra Leone. During his time in Kenya he was involved in TP studies and reviews of companies in the FMCG and mining. Sebastine has led teams on review of Petroleum Profits Taxes, Companies Income Tax Planning & Compliance services, Withholding Tax Planning & Management, Due Diligence Projects, Transfer pricing reviews. He has several years of experience providing advisory opinions on several business options, provision of support on big mergers and acquisitions in Nigeria.
• He has also delivered lecture at Strathmore Business School, Kenya on oil and gas taxation.
• Sebastine is a regular speaker at West Africa Tax Administration Forum (WATAF) High Level Policy Dialogue conferences. WATAF is a forum for Tax Administration in West Africa to discuss issues of common interest.
• He is a regular speaker at TP minds Africa and a course facilitator with IBFD Netherlands.
• On the side, Sebastine runs a boutique tax firm focused on providing bespoke tax advisory services to companies in the oil and gas sector and recently extended to other sectors of the Nigeria economy.
Victor Anyanwu, fondly called The Social Media Oracle is an award winning Business and Healthcare Social Media Strategist.
A Social Media thought Leader, International Speaker, Online Reputation Brand Manager, Influencer and Facebook Ads Expert with over 10 years working experience in the Social Media space across different industries
He is the founder of The SWAT Republic, a community of Business people where he teaches Social media marketing and Business and he heads the team at The SWAT Agency where they help people attract prospects and convert them to paying customers. He can be reached on Instagram.com/TheoracleVA and YouTube.com/TheoracleVA